Friday Harbor Arts Commission (FHAC)
The Friday Harbor Arts Commission (FHAC) was established in November 2014 and exists to support the community's vision of art as essential to the quality of life and the cultural enrichment of our residents and visitors.
The eight-member commission was formed to foster excellence, vitality, and diversity in--and accessibility to--the arts. The FHAC achieves this by advising the Town Council on the acquisition, placement, and maintenance of public art and by promoting public participation and partnerships in the visual, performing, and literary arts.
- The public is welcome to attend FHAC meetings or view the live stream on this website.
- Meeting schedule:
The second Tuesday of the month at 5:00 p.m.
Agendas and Minutes
Agendas are posted prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
Next meeting: 5 pm Tuesday, January 21, 2020 (postponed from January 14th due to weather)
Get Involved in the FHAC!
If you wish to serve as an arts commissioner, submit a letter of interest to Town Hall addressed to the Mayor c/o the FHAC Coordinator. All San Juan Island residents are welcome to apply. Your letter should include your experience with the arts and what you would like to bring to the commission. If you are an artist, you may want to include photos of your work.
As positions become available, the Mayor appoints commissioners from the pool of applicants. Commissioner terms are three years.
- Friday Harbor Arts Commission Guidelines (PDF)
- Friday Harbor Arts Commission Ordinance, Policies and Procedures (PDF)
- FHAC PublicArtProjectProposalForm 06012018
- FHAC PublicArtProjectProposalFILLABLE Form 06012018
- WWI Art Installation-Breezeway Park
- WWI Art Installation-news story
- Marjorie Walker Art Installation-Breezeway Park
- Marjorie Walker Art Installation-news story
- Marjorie Walker Essay
- DiscoverArtInFH WalkingTourMap 2019
- Public Art Catalog 2019