Friday Harbor Arts Commission (FHAC)
The Public is encouraged to attend & comment at our meeting. Participation info:
In Person: Town Council Chambers, 60 Second Street, Friday Harbor, WA
The Friday Harbor Arts Commission (FHAC) was established in November 2014 and exists to support the community's vision of art as essential to the quality of life and the cultural enrichment of our residents and visitors.
The eight-member commission was formed to foster excellence, vitality, and diversity in--and accessibility to--the arts. The FHAC achieves this by advising the Town Council on the acquisition, placement, and maintenance of public art and by promoting public participation and partnerships in the visual, performing, and literary arts.
- Meeting schedule:
The second Tuesday of the month at 3:30 p.m.
Agendas and Minutes
- Agendas are posted prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- Next meeting: 3:30 p.m. Tuesday, July 12, 2022, in Council Chambers.
A Living Island mural project completed
The newest addition to the Town's public art collection is a joyful tribute to the smaller flora and fauna of our island ecosystem. This 235-foot mural was installed in August 2021 on Blair Avenue using a multi-layer process that created quite a stir.
Visit the Town's four Poetry Gardens
- Friday Harbor Arts Commission Guidelines (PDF)
- Friday Harbor Arts Commission Ordinance, Policies and Procedures (PDF)
- FHAC Member Application - fillable form
- FHAC Member Application - print and fill form
- DiscoverArtInFH WalkingTourMap (2019)
- Public Art Catalog (2022)
- FHAC PublicArtProjectProposalForm 06012018
- FHAC PublicArtProjectProposalFILLABLE Form 06012018
- Blair Mural-news story (2021)
- Poetry Gardens Book announcement (2020)
- Poetry Gardens Project (2020)
- EdwardWarbassSculptureProject-TheStory (2020)
- EdwardWarbassSculptureProject-ConceptToCompletion (2020)
- Marjorie Walker Art Installation-Breezeway Park (2018)
- Marjorie Walker Art Installation-news story
- Marjorie Walker Essay
- WWI Art Installation-Breezeway Park (2017)
- WWI Art Installation-news story
- Sunken Park Mural-news story